Monday, July 19, 2010

Extreme potty training

Am I insane?? After reading this article, I decided that I'm going to give this a shot.

Over the weekend, we went and got the boys new underwear -- Elmo and Micky. 14 pairs. I figure that should last us a day. I honestly don't know how successful we will be. I am sure the boys are both "ready" -- Sam has started saying, "I peed, change my diaper," and Ben will pee on command if placed on the potty and can go long stretches without peeing. However, we are heading to Avalon, NJ in 2 weeks for a vacation with my parents and siblings, and they will have to be in diapers at least for the long car-trip.

Unlike the woman in the article, I don't have a nanny here full-time to help me so that we are each focused solely on one child. I'm also unable to lock myself in the house with my children for 2 weeks -- we have to go to the grocery store, we have to run other errands, and I am the parent responsible for these tasks -- so I cannot simply say, "We'll wait to do those things until the boys are trained." I am thinking about using the FuzziBunz for going out of the house -- because they aren't the comfortable, dry-feeling disposables, but they also won't be as disastrously messy as underpants.

I think I need to stock up on laundry detergent and patience.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck!! This will work, the boys are totally ready. You can DO IT!

Are We There Yet? said...

I dont think I've ever commented but have followed your blog for awhile and dont remember how I came accross it.

Anyway, get a potty chair for your vehicle and have them use it at every stop and make extra stops just so the potty can be used for extra long trips. This saved us and even at 4 yrs old it has still come in handy when we cant find a clean/safe rest stop.

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

They sound like they are ready. When I was younger my parents threw me a no more pamper party and people brought me underwear as a present and we had a cake. After that party, I never used a diaper again.

I hope someday to do that for my child---cute concept, however I don't know if it was the party that made me ready but still...none the less fun.

Good luck as you will definitely have your hands full with two potty training at once.