Saturday, July 24, 2010
Day 6 update -- and NEW glasses!
Day 6. Being a weekend, I had an extra set of hands to help with the boys and the constant pottying, which was definitely a welcome change. Another very good day, overall, Sam was accident-free again today (but hasn't pooped in 2 days!). Ben did very, very well, and we ran a lot of errands without incident (to the carousel, to the grocery store). He did have an accident at the gym -- both the husband and I had stopped to take them to the bathroom during our workouts, but Ben managed to pee in his underwear, anyway -- and was so very upset about it. This was the first time he's gotten upset about an accident, so hopefully he is buying into the concept, too.
AND -- the big news. I finally got a new pair of glasses. I have had the other glasses since my senior year of college. They have been with me through a lot over the past 8 years -- moving to DC and my fun life there, traveling around the country for 2 election cycles, moving to CT, and most importantly, these glasses allowed me to view my beautiful children for the first time just minutes after the boys were born. I get bizarrely attached to inanimate objects.
However, one of the bows snapped off my glasses just a week before the Bar exam, and I didn't have the time or energy to go and get a new pair. The glasses have gotten in progressively worse shape over the past 6 months, and the second bow is on the verge of breaking. I had to go to the eye doctor to update my prescription so I could order new contacts -- and the vision in my right eye has actually gotten significantly better over the past year (shocking!). So -- I decided that dealing with broken, out-of-date prescription glasses was just too much -- and got a new pair. I'm not entirely sold on these, I have a 30-day window during which I can return the glasses. They are different from the last pair (although I did pick out an identical pair to those old ones and almost got them -- before I realized what I was doing!). I wonder if these new glasses are too wide for my face and make my eyes look strange. Any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
i feel like the new glasses give you a fresh, younger look. keep them!
change is good :)
I like them-I can tell they are different than your old pair but still a great style for your face. I have a hard time knowing what looks good on my face hence why all my previous glasses were horrible. Brandon is great so thankfully I let him pick them out for me. you did a great job.
These boys are really doing a great job at potty training.
I like the new ones a lot.. better than the old ones! This could be because the shape is similar to my new glasses..They are what all the cool kids are wearing
thanks, ladies. I wondered if the glasses were too wide for my face or if my eyes are too close together for this style. I picked them out on my own without any input from anyone else, so it was a little tough to determine! Sam was staring at me this morning -- I asked if he liked my new glasses, he smiled, and said, "Yes!" I asked Ben -- he said, "No, I do not like your new glasses." The kid hates change! The husband hasn't commented -- guess he just doesn't care one way or the other.
I like them too!! They look very "smart," and I can see them looking great with regular clothes or a suit, or with hair down or up. Very adaptable. Keep 'em!
I like them - they are almost identical to my glasses!
Post a Comment