There have also been frequent advertisements for a new show that will start after the Olympics, and before the boys left for NY, Sam and I were curled up on the couch, watching TV. The advertisement came on, and the mother said to her teenage son, "You're practically a man! When did that happen?" I repeated that to Sam, and he looked up at me, gave me a big smile -- like he was glad I had finally notice, and then snuggled closer, probably to reassure me that even as a big man, he's still going to need his mama.
My mom keeps sending me pictures of the boys' adventures with Mimi and PeePaw -- and the pictures are great. But I don't recognize the practically grown men she's sending me pictures of! I gave her two little toddlers with baby faces -- and she's sending me pictures of boys I hardly recognize. She's reassured me that she hasn't "traded in" my boys, but I'm not so sure!



2 comments:
ditto on the freaking commercials. I have to walk away or mute it when they come on. WHEN DID I TURN INTO MY MOTHER!?!?
I'm thinking about you lots in the last week. Hang in there! Almost there now.
I love this posting. Your right! Great minds think alike!
Post a Comment