Or maybe just the Children's Museum. Either way, Sam ended up with a very bloody nose, poor guy! There is a room designated for the "3 and under" crowd, and as Sam was playing on the slide, a very large and rowdy 3-year old boy dove head-first down the slide, colliding with Sam at the bottom. Granted, Sam shouldn't have been sitting at the bottom of the slide, but we had been playing there first (the room was empty except for us and this monster boy, his mom, and little sister), and this other little boy should have known not to fling himself down the slide head-first when someone else (especially someone smaller!) was sitting at the bottom of the slide.Sam's nose bled -- A LOT -- and the other mom freaked out. I think that she felt really guilty that her son had caused another child to bleed profusely, and I also think she thought Sam's nose was broken. I can only imagine the mother's freak out if I had told her that I have my law degree!! Sam calmed down pretty quickly once I brought the 3 of us to the bathroom (I took this picture after he had stopped crying so that Daddy had evidence of Sam's injury). The other mom was shocked that I wasn't angry or upset -- but all in all, he turned out to be just fine, accidents happen, no harm no foul.
The boys and I were there playing a few days later -- and Ben walked over to a little toddler girl (probably right around a year) and slapped her right on her bum. WHAT?! My turn to be the mortified mommy!



3 comments:
Oh, poor Sam! That sounded painful :( Good for you for not freaking out!
Poor "Long Suffering Sam" that sucks. I encountered a very rowdy unsupervised child when we went to the fun house. I couldn't believe how out of control he was at barely four. He was told to calm down at one point and without hesitating he spun around and said "NO! You calm down!" Someone tell me how NOT to let my child turn into that?!?
oh, that ben!! he is just too much. i am surprised that he didn't retaliate by beating up that 3 yr old monster. "no one beats on my brother except for me!"
Post a Comment