Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Too quiet ...

Mimi and PeePaw arrived early Saturday afternoon. Ben got sick Saturday night and spent most of the day on Sunday either sitting on my lap or on Mimi's lap. Poor little guys, they were so feverish and sick. I tried to get my work done, but it was challenging because the boys wanted me, and I felt so guilty doing my work rather than sitting with my sick babies.

I started feeling sick on Sunday night -- and spent the next 36 hours unable to move off the couch. I'm so glad my parents were here to take care of the boys. Husband wasn't feeling great, either, and I'm not sure what we would have done if Mimi and PeePaw weren't here to rescue us.

Before leaving for home, my mom folded about 30 loads of laundry and packed for the boys, and my dad took the carseats out of the car and cleaned the interior to get the old-vomit smell out of the car. As they were getting ready to leave, Sam climbed up in the chair with me to snuggle his mama, and I felt so heart-broken about them leaving. Ben was following my mom around, ready to go on the adventure. As my mom came into the living room to get Sam, he climbed down from the chair, took her hand, and said, "Go, Mimi!" While it makes me so sad that the boys are away for the next week and a half, it makes me feel relieved that they have somewhere to go, where they have fun, where they are so well-taken care of and so well-loved.

I am trying to get back into studying, but I feel fairly demoralized. I am weak and tired and so far behind now, but trying to remind myself that a week of intense studying will hopefully lead to passing this exam on the first try.

4 comments:

Becky said...

You can do it!! It will all be over soon. Knuckle down and get 'er done!

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

It is great that your parents are so willing to take the boys for an extended stay so that you can focus on studying. Also, it must be comforting to know that your boys love going there and therefore you can focus on studying.

Julie said...

that is so nice that the boys love being with mimi and peepaw.....but i am sure it is hard to let go. i am very selfish when it comes to annabelle. i don't want to share her with anyone....matt says that it is good for her to be so loved....but i just want to keep her all to myself!!! i need to learn to let go:(

and like you said in your previous blog.....just keep putting one foot in front of the other. whatever the outcome, we are all proud of you!

KHS said...

Gia would say "simming simming teep simming" Or in plain English (the all time favorite in our house is Nemo) "Just Keep Swimming!". You can do it!