

I had my first "real" sonogram on October 30, 2007 for the 12 week screening. The sonogram had been scheduled at my first OB appointment 6 weeks prior -- and I had been practically counting down the days to the sonogram! We found out on October 19 that we were having twins, so I was twice as excited for the appointment! After our pre-procedure appointment with the genetic counselor, however, Roy felt very strongly that we should not do the genetic testing because of the high rate of false positives associated with a multiples pregnancy. I cried because I was so disappointed, but agreed that I didn't want the stress of the false positive. The genetic counselor, after leaving us in her office for a few minutes so I could regain my composure, arranged for Maternal Fetal Medicine to squeeze me in for a sonogram, anyway, so I could still see the babies. I was so thankful to her for that! Seeing these images and the "real babies" growing inside of me, I knew I was falling in love like never before.



2 comments:
Isn't it amazing how much you already loved them before you actually saw them face to face? I have to admit, even with hearing other moms talk about their love for their unborn children, that part was AMAZING to me. It still amazes me every day.
I don't know... I have a hard time rectifying the child who I was pregnant with, with the child I have now. Maybe it is because I didn't name him until he was 12 hrs old, maybe it is because I didn't like being pregnant..but I don't think of the child I was pregnant with as 'my Colin'. Is that weird?
Post a Comment