Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rub a dub dub, two little boys in my tub!

I gave Ben and Sam a bath together in the bathtub for the first time tonight -- they did great! We had fun splashing around in the water (and they only spent a few minutes kicking each other ...). It amazes me how patient they are as they wait for their turn to be cared for -- I guess being a twin means you learn to share at a very young age!

To entertain them while I diapered, lotioned, dressed them, I sang show tunes to them ("Telephone Hour" from Bye Bye Birdie!) -- and Sam either really liked it or really hated it -- because he spent the entire time blowing raspberries and spitting at me! Ben smiled and squealed at me -- but was then ready for snuggles.

I can't believe how big they are -- it seems like yesterday we were learning to bathe them in the pink washtubs in the NICU!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And a few "blast from the past" photos -- the first picture is Sammy and the second is Benny.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Becky said...

I love their bows!! Sheesh I don't know how you have time to blog this often.. I can't seem to keep up now that I've been doing school and baby rearing... and I only have ONE! You continue to amaze me.

Becky said...

Are you trying to confuse people by reversing the order of the boys from one picture to the next, or did you not even notice? It took me a second to figure out who was who in the second picture because I assumed Ben was still on the right.

Erin said...

I spend a lot of time hooked up to my pump!

Stephanie said...

I read the first comment and I was like bows??? Then I went back and looked, I didn't even notice them They are getting so big.

Erin said...

Roy doesn't want me to post any naked pictures of the babies -- so I decided to get around that rule with a little creative photoshopping!