Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cutest pumpkins in the patch!




Roy and I had a great time celebrating Sam and Ben's first Halloween. We took them trick or treating in a neighborhood near our house (no trick or treating on our street, it's too dangerous!), and they were both so excited -- I think it was a combination of being out at night and doing something new! The babies were very patient as I dressed them in their silly costumes, and we got so many "AWWWW, look at these two!" when we were at people's doors. I do love it, though, when people ask if they're twins. What else would they be?!

At one house, the people had a ghost that made scary sounds when the motion sensor was tripped -- well, the look on Ben's face when it started making noise! He looked so scared! And then I think he liked it -- because he started shrieking back at it! It was too adorable -- and I think he made the night for the elderly couple who answered the door.

We didn't go to many houses, but "the babies" (aka Mommy) got lots of delicious candy. So much for losing those last 5 pounds of baby weight, right??

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Tara K said...

It looks like they had a good night! (Well more Sammy than Benny from the looks of the first picture, lol) I LOVE their shirts in the last picture!

Becky said...

How many costumes did the boys actually have?? I saw pirates, pumpkins and peas!

Erin said...

The pea costume was a hand-me-down from their cousin Duncan -- and was size N -- which is maybe why Ben was so unhappy! As for the pirates, I could only find one costume small enough! So -- these pumpkin costumes were on a mega-sale last week ($12 from BabyStyle), so pumpkins they were.