Monday, November 17, 2008

Starvin' Marvins


After starting solid foods several months ago, Sam and Ben are finally getting the hang of eating solid foods -- and are doing great! After a bit of research, I decided to use Earth's Best baby food. There are two main reasons for this. First, the products are organic. Second, the products are available at diapers.com -- which means online ordering that saves me a trip to the grocery store! Sam seems to have a real sweet tooth (literally, tooth -- he's only got one so far!) -- I wonder who he gets that from -- and seems to prefer pears, but will tolerate anything sweet. Ben, on the other hand, loves his vegetables -- squash, peas, sweet potato. We're on Stage 2 foods, and I've tried a bit of "real" food -- banana cut up into pieces, sweet potato, turkey (although Grandma Sandy learned the hard way this weekend that they still have trouble with swallowing meat -- which leads to massive amounts of puking!). After a choking incident on a teething biscuit, however, I'm a little "gun shy" to introduce any other table foods!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, Erin! Your boys are ADORABLE!!

The Hanes Fam said...

Uh oh on the massive amounts of puking! I'm scared to try bigger pieces too, but I did give Harper a small piece of frozen bagel and that went well - just messier than you'd think. I tried to give her bits of bananas but she spit them out. So still mashed for her!

Erin said...

I tried giving them little chunks of banana -- but Ben just collected it all in his cheek! I eventually had to reach in and take it out ... I don't think they really understand swallowing yet!