
Husband is out of town for 6 of the next 7 days (3 days to visit his father and ailing stepmother in VA and then 3 days in TX for a business trip), so I decided it would be a good time to try out the P*amper alternative. I picked up the diapers yesterday and got a fabulous deal on them -- 13 F*uzziBunz diapers for $110. The diapers are new -- the woman used cloth diapers for all 3 of her boys, but bought size petite at one point, and they didn't fit her children. Well -- Sam and Ben are tiny (20 months old and wearing a lot of 12 month clothes), so I thought they would work great for us.

We had a trial run last night after bathtime, and the boys seem pretty happy with the diapers. Sam was a bit distressed at first because the diaper is so much bulkier than the disposable and it seemed to be bothering him -- but he forgot about that pretty quickly. Ben refused to put on pajamas because he liked looking at his diaper. We will probably continue using the disposable overnight diapers for a bit, even though Sam often pees through those, too.

My parents are coming to visit this weekend, and my mom is intrigued as to how these diapers work. She was here for the 2 weeks we tried prefolds on the boys when they were so tiny, and agreed with me that they were nearly impossible to use on those little 5 pound guys (even though she CD'd all 3 of us). Maybe I'll make her do the stinky laundry ... I need to go and get a liner for the diaper pail, but I am afraid to go back to the store with the half-naked woman!

4 comments:
cloth diapers are definitely bulky. it is funny that ben wanted to look at his for so long! the boys look so big. seeing these pictures makes me realize that i will be changing annabelle's diapers for a LONG time. hopefully, she will be potty trained before i lose my mind:)
Cute stuff! I just purchased a potty chair for Colin for Christmas. What? He'll get plenty of toys from other people I can be practical!! =) He has all of a sudden really become aware of his bodily functions so I figured I should have one in the house just in case... Who knows maybe he will potty train himself, like I did!
oh i forgot to tell you...don't buy the "thirsties" diaper pail liners...they leak everytime i use them. that is why i made the switch to the planetwise brand. it is hard to find a good quality, affordable diaper pail liner that is not made of vinyl.
Yay! Cloth is really great. Prefolds are still a little tricky on Carter too.. he's 9 pounds or so, but I have to fold them down so much in the front that it creates even MORE bulk. I can't imagine how you had to finagle them to get them on a 5 pounder. I use a regular garbage can with a lid (Walmart, $30) with a wetbag inside (I believe it's the Blueberry brand). It's a good system, so far, for containing the smell. I'm also seriously thinking about switching to cloth wipes instead of disposable ones. I think Carter has Brian's freakishly sensitive skin and even the sensitive wipes are pretty harsh.
Post a Comment