JANUARY
Ben started crawling and Sam started pulling himself up on the gate ...
And within just a few days, Ben was pulling himself up, too!
The boys got their first haircuts!
I took one of my favorite pictures of Ben -- a picture I think will still be hanging in my office someday when my boys go off to college.
I also returned my beloved hospital-grade breastpump to the rental company. I spent more hours with that machine ...
FEBRUARY
Ben won the award for Most Dramatic Baby on the Block
The boys practiced their breaking and entering skills ...
We perfected our self-portrait skills -- baby mohawk and all
Mimi and PeePaw came to visit!
We introduced cows' milk
And I continued to be amazed by the wonderful little boys who fill my life with such love and joy.
MARCH
As I reflected over the first year of the babies' lives and all we had been through, I felt like I was finally able to put much of the guilt and trauma we had experienced due to my early labor and the complications I faced, the boys' early arrival and NICU stay. Having two joy-filled babies certainly helped in the healing process.
Happy first birthday, babies!
To celebrate, we went on our first family dinner outing ...
And I had my first drink in nearly 2 years to celebrate surviving my first year of twin-mommyhood!
As we celebrated their first birthday ...
I wondered who had replaced my 4 pound babies with these big boys!

Sam had his ear-tube surgery ...
And both Sammy and Mommy were wiped out after!
APRIL
I pumped for the last time on April 1, the boys crawled around naked to celebrate.
The boys got their first pairs of real sneakers!
Becky, Sean and Colin came to visit for the March for Babies walk! Team Sam & Ben raised almost $1,000 to support the March of Dimes!
Little did we know, the sleeping Ben apparently had the plague and spread it to everyone who came in contact with him -- Mimi, Aunt Becky, Becky, Sean, Colin, the boys' babysitter, Daddy, and Mommy!
Sam didn't mind being sick -- he discovered j*llo!
Ben started walking on April 21 -- and I knew I was in big trouble!
MAY
Who could be unhappy waking up to this every morning??
The boys got new hats to celebrate the opening of C!ti Field!
And my thoughtful boys sent me beautiful flowers for Mothers' Day!
We were so happy to get outside to play -- even if the weather was sunny but chilly!

I prepared to say goodbye to my law school friends, and Ben was gleeful that I needed another 18 credits before I could graduate.
Ben worked on his swimming for the 2028 Olymp!c games, and Sam did some pushups.
It is exhausting being Sam and Ben!
JUNE
Baby-wrestling has taken over the dining room.
Sam can't believe the embarrassing bathtub pictures I take ...
Warm weather meant we could finally go outside and play!
We celebrated Daddy's birthday with some finger painting. How fun!




2 comments:
Wow-what a busy 6 mths and I am guessing when you do the day to day you can forget all that happens so I think this year in review is great.
The boys sure have grown so much in the year. It is amazing that with all the changes of the boys you were a student and now are done with law school. You are a remarkable woman to do all that you do!!!!
truly incredible how much the boys have changed in so little time. it feels like i was watching them pull themselves up on the gate (movie) not too long ago. they have really grown up to be such intelligent, well-behaved boys. i hope that annabelle will learn to use her manners as much as the boys do!
Post a Comment