
Oh man. So, the babysitter we hired in the beginning of October, and with whom we discussed both the fall schedule and the January/February Bar review course schedule, just informed me that she has another job opportunity 3 days a week, and can watch the boys the other 2 days. Well, that is a wonderful offer. However, Bar review course is 5 days a week. I think that I'm going to be able to piece together a schedule of babysitters, but that turmoil and lack of consistency really seems to bother my boys. We pay our sitters $15/hour -- and I would think at that rate, we would be able to find someone reliable, who wanted as many hours from us as s/he could possibly get. And this is exactly why I am keeping my fingers crossed that the boys will get into one of the daycare centers we've been waitlisted for for the past 2 years once I start working ...
I could always take the night course -- but I'm not sure I would be able to handle 6 - 10pm Monday-Friday after taking care of two toddlers all day.
I seriously feel like I'm going to cry.
6 comments:
Oh Erin, I'm sorry. ((Hugs)) You guys have had more issues with daycare and babysitters... it just doesn't seem fair. It feels like you were just weeding through old men and ditzy young girls yesterday. I hope it works out soon. How could anyone NOT want to hang out with your lil' cuties?
If I were closer I would take them!! Although I might have to keep Colin caged! =) Serious bummer, people are so unreliable.
It makes you wonder if the economy is as bad as reported if no one competent is looking for a job.
I wish you luck b/c I agree with Kristeen I think you have found a load of doozies out there. When does your bar exam class start? How long is the class?
Elaine
this babysitter situation sounds very frustrating. maybe mimi will move in with you for a while:)
Ken found our nanny online through a website that does background checks. Maybe an option? I will try to email the link when I can pin him down during the holiday craziness this year! Merry Christmas! I hope everything works out. I have also used craigslist in the past. Butt I requested a couple forms of id and a background check to be sure.
You have been wait-listed for 2 years at day care centers! That is a little scary.
Post a Comment