Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New wheels!

Over the weekend, we got a baby jogger from Babies R Us. It is the "Baby Trend" brand, and I had a different stroller by this same manufacturer and liked it just fine (the double snap 'n go for the infant carriers before I started using the MacLaren). The Baby Trend double jogger was about 1/3 of the price of the other double jogging strollers we had looked at, so I was a little skeptical about it, but decided to give it a try because it has a 30-day return policy.

The boys and I went for a run yesterday morning, and it was great! The stroller doesn't have any of the "bells and whistles" that the BOB might have, but it worked just fine. We ran the 3-mile loop I like, and the boys seemed to enjoy the ride. In fact, I might have a new personal trainer -- because Ben started to cry when I had to walk up a big hill!

I was definitely tired after our run -- pushing 70+ pounds is exhausting, but so is running without using both arms for momentum! When I was marathon training with Team in Training, one of our coaches told us that your arms will get you through another few miles after your legs are too tired to carry you. That's something I think about a lot when I am running and feel totally fatigued -- but yesterday, it didn't matter how tired I was, I couldn't use both of my arms!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Fun stuff!!! I sometimes wish we had a jogger so I could rollerblade with Colin... but no where to put it. Besides I would probably end up crashing into something anyway.

Julie said...

Could I borrow Ben? I need a trainer too.

I really want a jogging stroller, but I am going to wait until next spring to get one.

I bet it is difficult to run and keep your arms still, and push 2 babies. good for you!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the review since I'll end up buying one in the coming year!

It's fantastic that you're out working out -- you're an inspiration! I can't wait until I'm at that point!