Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In need of a trim!

Sam badly needed a haircut. I love his curly, unruly hair, but it was getting to be a bit much. He looked like a cross between Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld (my sister pointed that one out!) and a hockey player from the 1970s -- so off to the "barber shop" we went. I decided to try a new salon after my friend, Becky's, experience at the other children's hairdresser (the hairdresser decided it would be easier not to use scissors and simply buzzed Colin's head!). The place we went to was great -- although Sam acted like he was being tortured. He refused to sit in the chair, which meant that I had to sit in the chair with him on my lap, draped in one of those capes -- not a pleasant experience on a day when it is 90 degrees with nearly 100% humidity! Sam cried through the entire haircut, but Ben had a great time, as the other stylists blew bubbles, gave him stickers, balloons, etc.

Before



After


Don't worry, we didn't cut off the curls, this picture was just after his hair was trimmed and had been brushed -- it's back to being totally unruly this morning!

After the haircut, I introduced the boys to two of Mommy's good friends -- Ben and Jerry!



In other news, Sam has finally decided to start walking -- at the age of 16 months old! He was certainly in no hurry to figure it out, although we do need to factor in that he was born 2 months prematurely.

Ben continues to be my little daredevil, showing absolutely no fear of anything, and is on the go from the second he wakes up in the morning. His vocabulary grows by the day, and it's so fun to watch him add new words. He has started the "NO" phase and will tell me "NO NO NO" when I'm doing something he doesn't like, like changing his diaper!





3 comments:

Julie said...

the boys are growing up so quickly. it is so neat to hear about their individual personalities. i can't wait to see them again when you guys are in the area...make sure you let me know! (maybe my house will be completely baby proofed by then and you can come over)

Becky said...

Your kiddos are just too cute. You need to visit us! I don't think I told you but I finally found a baby hair salon in queens, complete with an aiplane chair and a car chair. I'm very excited to bring Colin there for his next trim.

Nicole said...

The boys are adorable!