Monday, July 20, 2009

Home again, home again

After 3 days of playing at Grandma (well, I think Ben actually calls her Meemaw) and PeePaw's house, the boys are finally back home. My mom seemed sad to drop them off, but I think my dad was totally exhausted from the 3 days of nonstop baby care! In fact, my dad recently changed his first diaper ever (although it was Aidan's diaper) -- and a poop, at that! The boys were very happy to see us and wanted to give me a lot of hugs and snuggles, which I loved!

We have had one major adjustment to life back at home -- Ben got very into the habit of snuggling with Grandma at nighttime -- and would like me to continue that practice. My mom said she rocked/snuggled him at bedtime before he went to bed, and Ben seems to have decided that that is the only way he'd like to go to sleep. Friday night was a very rough adjustment back to reality for him!

My sister came with my parents to drop the boys off back in CT, and brought my new nephew with her -- a 10-week old Morkie (Maltese/Yorkshire Terrier mix) named Max. He is adorable, and the boys had a very fun time playing with him while visiting my parents. I was a bit worried when I saw him -- he weighs less than 2 pounds and I thought that Sam and Ben would be too rough with him and would end up hurting him. Nope! They were so gentle and spent a lot of time playing with him, chasing him (and him chasing them!), hugging him, etc. The picture is a bit blurry because it's from a camera phone, but I think it is adorable!

1 comment:

Julie said...

awe! he is being so gentle! are you going ot get a puppy now? :)