Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A big day ...

for the mama and her boys (and I'm sure Roy, too). From the time they came home from the hospital at 3 weeks old, I haven't spent one night away from the boys. In fact, I have always been here for bedtime until fairly recently (when I started going to my Mothers of Twins meetings, and now with night class this summer). But tonight will be a first. The boys are en-route to Syracuse with Grandma and Peepaw for a visit, after my parents came to CT to visit for my birthday (eek, how am I 29??!). I currently have 17 hours of class a week and am totally running on empty trying to keep up with the coursework, and I have a paper to write over the next few days and a closed-book Corporations final in several weeks. I needed some help with the boys, and actually suggested to my parents last month that they take the boys for a visit. It seemed like a great idea at the time, but now ... They only left 30 minutes ago, and I'm already so lonely and sad to not have my little boys here with me. But, I need to get it together and get started on my work -- and hopefully that will make the time go by more quickly and it will be Friday before I know it and my lovey little boys will be back where they belong -- in their mama's arms!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sure they will do better than you will. I know I would be A MESS. Good luck Mama!

Kristeen said...

I can imagine that it's hard on you-- but think about how happy they'll be to see you when they get home!! I'd love to see the look on their faces when they see you again. Oh jeez, I'm getting weepy.

Jennifer said...

Oh no sweetie...sorry!! Hang in there and try to concentrate on getting your work done. The little guys will be so happy to see you when they get back, but they're probably having a blast with their grandparents. xo