The boys went to the petting zoo today with their grandparents and Aunt Becky and had a wonderful time. And when I called on my way home from class at 9pm, Ben was still awake and sitting on the couch with my mom. I am guessing we are going to have a rough transition back to our rules when they return home!
I miss them so much -- but it has actually been a bit easier than I anticipated. I have been so busy with school and homework, and I have appreciated the time I have to do my work without feeling guilty about "ignoring" the boys (i.e. letting them play on their own for periods of time).
My parents are having a wonderful time with their grandsons, and I am glad they are getting to spend this time together -- although I think my parents will be totally exhausted at the end of the boys' visit!
A few pictures from their trip to the petting zoo ... I am guessing the boys will return home with some interesting presents from the petting zoo ...





2 comments:
How precious! It looks like they are having fun. I'm glad that you are getting some time to yourself to get things done. Love you lady!
You should be very proud of yourself that your boys feel so comfortable at someone else's house without you. I know it prob breaks your heart a little bit.....it seems so early to have to "let go" a little. There is a quote somewhere that says that the greatest gifts we can give our children are "roots" and "wings". Some people have a harder time with the wings.....just ask my mother in law :) yowsa, I hope she doesn't read this:)
Keep up the good work, mama!
p.s. My parents told me a while ago that they were going to spoil their grandchildren and send them back to me for the discipline. Sounds like your parents are on the same plan!
Post a Comment