
I know, I know, I still haven't posted about Christmas. I haven't uploaded the pictures from Christmas onto my computer yet, I'm still trying to figure out the quirks of my new camera. So instead, I'll post about the Inaugural Ball (because my mother demanded pictures from the evening!).
On Wednesday, the new Governor of Connecticut was sworn in, and the day was filled with festivities -- a luncheon at the Governor's Mansion, the official swearing-in ceremony at the State Armory, a parade, and lastly, the Ball. I was excited to attend the various functions, the Husband is close to the Governor (he actually performed our marriage ceremony in 2006), and I was so proud to be a part of the day. Plus, I had a babysitter for TWELVE hours. Yup, TWELVE HOURS! An entire day to myself to do the things that I wanted and needed to do! After the luncheon and part of the swearing-in ceremony, I was off to hair and makeup for several hours, and then it was time for the Ball!

When I arrived home from the salon, the boys didn't know what to think of me. Ben commented, "I think you're wearing a lot of makeup." And Sam seemed to feel incredibly shy, like he didn't know why I was dressed the way I was. He kept commenting that I looked "different," and was too shy to give me a kiss before we left for the Ball (although the babysitter said he wandered around for a long time after we left, muttering to himself about Mommy leaving without kissing him goodbye).

The Ball was a lot of fun. I had worried that I was not dressed appropriately, that my dress maybe wasn't formal enough for a "Black Tie Required" event, but my dress was perfect (thanks,
Beck, for the reassurance!), and very comfortable for the long evening. I felt VERY heavily "made-up," but being seated where we were seated, and I knew there would be a lot of cameras, and without fairly heavy evening makeup, I know I would look pale and ghost-like.
All in all, it was a wonderful day, and I was so proud to be a part of the celebration, and so proud of all of the people who have worked so hard over the past however many years. I am so hopeful and optimistic that the new Governor can get the state moving again!

The view from my seat at dinner.

My hair.

My hair, post-party. The babysitter and I laughed at how well my hair did "The Snooki" from all the hairspray!
3 comments:
The dress is super cute and I don't think you have on a lot of make up at all. Glad you had a super fun day/night---wow a babysitter for 12 hours---must have been nice to get a tad pampered for a while without worrying about naptime etc....
wow, you look beautiful...even in the snooki pic:)
i love your dress! i hope you get a chance to wear it again!
Wow, 12 hours with a baby sitter must have been SUCH a welcome break for you!! I'm glad you got to be pampered, you deserve it -- and you looked great!
Post a Comment