The whole concept of a snow day has definitely changed since having children. Gone are the days of sleeping in, drinking coffee in bed while watching "The Today Show," and spending the afternoon lounging in front of the fire and catching up on new releases. The state has been bracing for a major winter storm for the past several days, and the Husband's new role in the administration meant even longer hours for him -- and no snow day today.The boys were up bright and early -- by 5:30am -- and we watched the Governor's press conference and the snow blowing outside. By 8am, I was ready for naptime, which was still hours away. I decided to bring the boys outside to play, the driveway had recently been plowed, and they needed to run off some energy. They spent a good amount of time outside working on shoveling the snow, or fighting over who got to use the small shovel (just you wait, friends with singletons, until you have a 2nd child and experience for yourself just how annoying the fighting is!). We stayed outside for about an hour, but I don't entirely trust the boys to tell me if they're feeling cold, so we came inside for naptime, which was much shorter than I had hoped!
I'm definitely starting to go stir-crazy, being trapped at home. I'm trying to embrace these last few days as a full-time stay-at-home-mom, but I'm finding that the fighting and mess-making, combined with the anxiety I feel about these transitions, and the massive "to do list" that needs to be completed before Tuesday, are all weighing on my mind! One day at a time, right?
At least the storm was a record-breaker, dumping 22" of snow on the state capitol in 13 hours ...
** Like the boys' new hats? They are showing off their Husky pride! Actually, the hats have nothing to do with UCONN, but were spotted by Sam at one of those people at the stands in the center of the mall. Sam thinks his hat is a wolf, and Ben thinks his is a rat ... **

Who needs the snow-plow man when I have two 2-year olds?

Sledding is fun! And allowed Mommy to get in her cardio for the day!

Ben learned the hard way not to jump off a snow pile into the fresh snow ...

My thoughts, exactly!



1 comment:
I remember fighting over the shovel with my brother once he "came along." There are many happy pics of me with my dad shoveling but none once he "came along" ha ha ha
I love how you continued to take pics when they were crying. In years to come they will look at you and think "really mom, you had to take pictures??" I LOVE IT!!!!!
Post a Comment