
After a very trying (and early) morning with the boys, we had approximately 3,000 errands to run. Post office, mall to return some stuff, grocery store, etc., etc., etc. I wasn't sure how we were going to get through the trip, the boys were incredibly overtired and grumpy, I had the early warning signs of a migraine, and I was feeling so lonely and a million miles away from my friends and family. To top it off, my hands are so chapped and dry from the constant handwashing, dishwashing, bathing, etc., they are cracking and bleeding, no matter how much lotion, cream, ointment I use -- and this makes bending my fingers painful (although Sam commented that I was so lucky to have bleeding hands because I could have bandaids ...). Overall, I was just feeling rather "Bah humbug" about the day -- but decided to just plod forward, run my errands, and try to relax for the rest of the day.

The boys thankfully fell asleep in the car and slept through the mall trip, which made for peaceful and quick shopping. And when we got home, there was a strange van waiting in the driveway for us -- and a lovely older man stepped out of the van carrying a big vase of red and white flowers, tied with a festive bow. I thanked him, and opened the card -- and it said, "Love you and so proud of you. Mom and Dad" The timing couldn't have been more perfect, and that small gesture of love and encouragement was more than enough to put a smile on my face (and a few tears in my eyes) and get me through a challenging day.
3 comments:
That was very sweet of your parents! Have a great holiday with your family! xo
i love your parents!!!
I love the band aid comment---those boys are too much (in a great way).
and YEAH about the flowers-they look gorgeous.
Post a Comment