Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The underwear update

I keep thinking about the underwear. I don't care about most of the pairs, even though they were fairly new -- my sister bought me new underwear for my birthday when the boys were 4 months old -- after seeing me in a hospital gown and underwear for the 2 weeks of my hospital bedrest, she thought I could use an update! There are two pairs in particular, however, that I am actually sad to lose! These underwear are the most comfortable of the collection -- one pair is bright pink with red and blue circles on it, the other is grey/aqua/yellow striped. I bought both pairs probably 5 or 6 years ago at VS, and I think they are the Pink line -- but I have never been able to find similar pairs.

I brought a bag of trash to the trash can today, and was surprised when I looked inside and saw only one bag of trash in the trash can. Potty training has really cut down on our trash production! That got me thinking ... I KNOW the underwear MUST be in that one trash bag -- how bad could it be to dig around to find them? I got a long shovel from the garage, and started scouring through the bag. I wasn't deterred by the flies buzzing around, I figured a few hours of soaking in Clorox would make the underwear wearable (if not bleached) again -- but then, I realized what the Husband had for dinner the other night. Lobster. Disgusting, fishy-smelly, decaying lobster. That stopped me in my search. No matter how much I love those underwear, I cannot fathom the thought of digging through that bag of disgusting, lobster-laden trash to find the underwear. And I cannot imagine putting my treasured underwear on my body ever again after their days of marinating in the trash juice.

Nope. They're gone for good.

2 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I am sorry you lost what was like a good friend. Nothing better than a great fitting pair of underwear. I agree, I don't know if I could wear them after imagining the adventure they had been on---sitting in lobster "funk" for a few days.

I hope you have a fun time shopping for new underwear. I am looking forward to updating my collection of underwear in the next few weeks myself.

Becky said...

yeah I might have had to stop being your friend if you wore lobster marinated underwear. Maybe we will come up next weekend and we can go underwear shopping together. I could use an update myself..