Monday, August 16, 2010

Invasion of the laundry snatchers ...

The boys love clean laundry. As soon as they see me carrying a basket of clothes up the stairs from the laundry room, they are ecstatic and can barely wait to start pulling the clean clothes from the basket and then throwing or hiding the clothes. They especially enjoy unfolding stacks of folded laundry. Thanks for the help, boys.

I realized today that I am missing approximately 90% of my underwear. The boys are obsessed with underwear, thanks to potty training, so I thought maybe the boys had taken my underwear from the laundry basket and hid it somewhere in their playroom. I searched the house. No underwear. I checked the laundry room. No underwear. I checked my dresser on the off-chance that I had already folded the clothes and put them away. No underwear. I thought I was losing my mind -- until I put 2 and 2 together ...

Several days ago, as I folded laundry, Sam kept coming to the laundry basket and taking a pair of my underwear. I didn't pay much attention, this happens all the time, and then I gather up the stolen clothing when I am finished folding. I also realized that I had seen Sam make several trips to the garbage can -- at the time, I assumed he was throwing away dryer sheets. Nope. Sam threw away all of my underwear. And unfortunately not the old pairs, but the comfortable pairs I always pick out when I have a choice. By the time I realized that Sam had done so much "housekeeping," the underwear are somewhere in the bottom of a garbage bag, somewhere in the garbage can, on the curb waiting for garbage pick-up.

Guess I'll have to break out the Vict*ria's Secret card and get some new underwear. Thanks, Sam!

4 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

Oh goodness---funny but not funny at the same time.

Kristeen said...

Hysterical (except for having to spend money on new undies). That picture is priceless!

Becky said...

This is FREAKING HYSTERICAL... personally I prefer Gap underwear over VSecret. Although to be honest I have no idea if it is less expensive or not.

Jennifer said...

hahaha!! The picture accompanying this tale is pretty funny too :)