Friday, April 17, 2009

Heading on down to South Beach ...


No, we're not taking a family vacation. I'm considering giving the South Beach "eating plan" a try. After eating whatever I wanted since September 2007 (well, aside from those 4 months of vomiting!), it's time to get my eating habits under control. I don't eat poorly -- just a lot of carbs because they are quick and easy and I hate food going to waste. For example, Sam and Ben only ate half of their waffle this morning -- on a normal day, I would eat the other half, pour a glass of soymilk, and call that breakfast. Only after really thinking about my eating habits have I realized just how much sugar I'm eating and the amount of food I'm eating unconsciously. My sister-in-law, after weaning, did Weight Watchers for a month just to make herself focus on her food consumption, and I can understand why she did that! I don't actually need to lose any weight, I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight and wearing all of my old clothes, but the thought of getting rid of a bit of the tummy *pudge* is greatly appealing -- although, in honesty, I'm not sure how much of it will actually disappear, I think it might just be loose skin -- one of the perks of a twin pregnancy! I found this picture on my old computer -- this is pre-law school, pre-pregnancy, etc -- and when I was running about 30 miles a week. I've cropped out Roy (ha, I figured he wouldn't appreciate being on the blog in his swim suit) -- and maybe I'll never be this thin again, but I would love to be this tone.

Here's one more picture of me, just because I like it! It's my favorite picture of me from our wedding -- and a far cry from how I look on a daily basis!Photobucket

5 comments:

Becky said...

Oh man I thought you were going on vacation! I think I took that picture of you!! You did look amazing that day!!

Julie said...

30 miles a week? that is hard-core! I want to get back into running again after the baby is born. I am sick of powerwalking on the treadmill. Do you run with your boys? I am wondering if fast speeds in strollers scare babies----and at what age I can do that.

Jennifer said...

Wow -- you looked beautiful on your wedding day!! Don't you wish you could dress up like that like once a month...I do! It's great that you're at your pre-pg weight right now! I like Julie's idea about running with the boys. I see moms doing that with the jogging strollers around my neighborhood. Maybe they'll enjoy it just as much as you?? I was never into running. I ran a 5k with my firm last year and it was such a joke! Pretty embarrassing actually! I think I finished in like 32 minutes! horrible!

Stephanie said...

I am with you. I am good with my weight but I would like to loose the pudge or muffin top as I affectionately call it. I am almost done nursing, so tell me how it goes.

Erin said...

I would LOVE a jogging stroller, and I am always searching on Craigslist for a gently-used stroller -- they are hard to find, though! I keep my baby gear in really good shape (and clean!) and the thought of using some grimy, second-hand stroller kind of grosses me out. That being said, a double twin jogger is close to $600, and that's obviously an expense I can't justify at this point! We were told not to put Sam and Ben in the jogger until they were 8 months old (we were told that was when I was still pregnant) because the babies need to develop good neck strength and head control. Seeing they were born at 32 weeks, I needed to adjust that 8 months to their gestational age, not adjusted age. Some single jogging strollers have car-seat attachments (and can be used with younger babies), but I never found a double twin jogger with car-seat attachments!