Monday, October 18, 2010

A new hobby for the boys

Last week, we went to an open house at MyGym. We went to an open house last fall, and the boys had an amazing time -- but the classes are prohibitively expensive when having to pay for two children (despite the discount for twins), and are only once per week, with one extra "free gym" per week. Also, when the boys were smaller, these classes were nearly impossible, as many require one adult per child -- and even those classes that don't require one adult per child are often too complicated for one adult to handle on her own with two small children.




However, as the boys are getting bigger and more independent, these types of classes are becoming more manageable, and I am constantly searching for new opportunities to tire out the boys and their apparently endless supply of energy. The Husband went to the open house with us, and we had a fantastic time watching the boys as they ran, jumped, and tumbled. The boys and I will try a free trial class on Wednesday, and will take advantage of the special the club is currently running -- which is a one month trial membership at about 60% off the regular rate. This will give us 4 classes and 4 "free plays" to see if the boys continue to love it, and if I continue to love it enough to figure it into the family budget.

Ben spent almost the entire hour we were at the open house jumping off objects onto the soft mats (let's hope he doesn't try that at home), and Sam seemed to prefer the balance beam/suspension bridge/rock wall. And both boys absolutely loved the trampoline!
















4 comments:

Becky said...

Horray for MyGym! Colin absolutely LOVED IT. I used to have a coupon for $25 off the lifetime membership fee if I find it I'll let you know!

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

Are the rules still that you need one adult per child or can you go as the "only" parent as I know you have said that your husband woks long hours.

Jennifer said...

The boys look so big! I've looked into Little Gym which was suggested to me by a friend. I was appaled by how expensive it was and they only offered a $15 discount on the second kid. I'm glad you all are able to get out and enjoy the classes!!

Anonymous said...

Even at 22 weeks pregnant, i find myself thinking of how I am going to tire out my two boys! funny eh?