Several days ago, the boys and I were driving home from the grocery store, and I was deep in thought about my life and all that has transpired since I graduated from college, and most specifically, since finding out I was pregnant. The song, "Little Wonders," by Rob Thomas came on the radio, and the timing couldn't have been more perfect.It is so amazing to me that every decision and action in my life, in the life of my husband, had to happen exactly as it did in order for us to end up with the two little wonders sitting in the back of the car (rear-facing, of course!). We have talked about that before, how any one decision made differently in a long string of events would likely have created very different lives for us. I think about that in my own life -- moving to DC after graduation, making connections that led to a job in IA for the '04 caucus, my candidate losing, getting hired by that candidate's fundraising firm and taking a job that I thought would lead to a year-long assignment in Mobile, AL (ah, beach!) ... And a change of plans with the job that placed me in CT for a year -- which led me to meet the person who would ultimately become my husband. To moving back to DC -- and then transferred back to CT. To running into "him" at an event one day, to sending an email the next -- and the rest is history. To doing well enough on the LSAT to get into law school a year early. To stopping birth control and double ovulating -- to a scary night of bleeding, an emergency trip to the OB, to finding out I was having twins.
I'm so grateful for all these twists and turns of fate that landed me right where I am today.



3 comments:
Such a beautiful post :-) I'm glad things turned out so well! You're a lucky woman!
Is it your goal to make us all cry every time you post something? Because you are winning.
i believe that you have to follow your heart in order to be truly happy in life. the unknown can be scary, but sometimes you have to take that leap. you should feel very blessed to lead the life that you have made for yourself and your family!
Post a Comment