Saturday, January 16, 2010

So helpless

I wish there was something I could do to help relieve some of the suffering the people of Haiti are experiencing. I wish I could be there to hold the small children who are now orphans to let them know someone still loves them. I wish I still nursed so I could go and provide nourishment for the tiny babies without any sort of nourishment. I wish I could go and help rebuild the lives and spirits of the tens of thousands of people who are experiencing heart-breaking loss and destruction. I can't do any of that. All I can do is send money, and so that is what I will do.

If you are looking for an organization accepting donations, a friend of mine, Nick Mangine, and his wife, Gwenn, and their 3 children (2 biological, 1 adopted from Haiti) moved to Haiti last year to start a home for 18 children who are orphans. They are doing wonderful, "on the ground" work, and donations to their organizations will have an immediate impact on the lives of the Haitian people who are suffering from this extreme disaster. Please consider donating -- this is a wonderful organization, I have known Nick since we were 6 years old, and this is a real chance to make a difference.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you Erin for helping me find a way to donate. There are so many websites that it gets really confusing. Donating to your friend's organization makes me feel at that I can help in some small way. My heart hurts for those people.

Erin said...

You probably know Nick and his family, Nancy -- we graduated from high school with him!