Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Prejudging?

Sorry for the hiatus in posting. Things were crazy as the summer semester ended, and then the boys and I went to visit MeeMaw and PeePaw for a few days. We had a great time! Here are a few pictures from the trip.

We are in the process of finding a new nanny for the boys for the fall semester. We really loved Heather, our previous nanny, but we couldn't provide her with the number of hours she needed, and she decided to move back to NY to pursue a degree in nursing. Anyway, we have received applications from a number of interested people (using the website www.sittercity.com) -- the applicants are all 20-something women with childcare backgrounds. Until we got Peter's application -- a 52-year old man. I hate to be judgmental or prejudge someone -- but that just seemed bizarre to me! Am I being a hater??

Sam's tomato


Playing in MeeMaw's gardens


Nasty popsicle!


Swimming with my boys -- the camera angle makes my legs look huge!


So tired from swimming!


Helping MeeMaw with her laundry

4 comments:

Becky said...

When it comes to your kids, you trust your instincts and don't care if you are acting on prejudice. We have 'implicit personality theories' about people for a reason, they keep us SAFE. While teaching this topic I decided to act against my implicit personality theory and sit next to the homeless guy on the subway...I got accosted.

Becky said...

OH and love the pics by the way.

Nicole said...

It sounds a bit odd to me too!

Jennifer said...

It might be sexist, but I feel the same way. You can never be too careful and, jult like Becky said, you need to roll with your instincts.