
I like reading product reviews on other websites, so I thought I would do one of my own. I purchased 4 Bumpkin bibs when the boys started eating solid foods, and I liked them when the boys were small, but recently decided that I needed something new. There were three reasons for this. First, no matter how often I washed the bibs (including in the washing machine), they always smelled awful, like old gross food. Second, the velcro on the back of the bib was curled, which irritated the boys' necks and left red marks and scratches. Third, the boys could easily take off the bibs and throw them on the floor -- which resulted in dirty shirts and a lot of food on the floor.

I forgot the Bumpkins bibs at my parents' house (along with the baby monitor and 2 sippy cups), so my mom mailed all that stuff back to me -- along with 2 new bibs! She got them really cute bibs -- a lion for Sam and a hippo for Ben -- and they have adjustable snaps on the back -- which means the boys shouldn't be able to take off the bibs. The bibs are also made of a different material than the Bumpkins bibs and shouldn't absorb the smell of old food, and have big pockets that snap closed so that they can be easily washed. The only thing I don't like about the bibs? She purchased them at Wal-Mart, a store I haven't set foot in in years (thanks to working in Democratic politics and the anti-union policies of Wal-Mart). I felt a twang of guilt for liking the new bibs, seeing they were purchased at the "evil empire" -- but I got over that pretty quickly because they are great bibs!
3 comments:
is there a brand associated with the bibs? or is it some non-discript wal-mart brand?
So far I havn't noticed any smell on the bumpkins bibs, but we only use them half as much as you do!
They are a non-descript Wal-Mart brand -- and the outside front cover is coated in a polyurethane -- so you might inform me tomorrow that it is unsafe -- especially because it was made in China!
Yay for anti Walmart moms!! Just saying. ;)
Post a Comment