Last week, I was having a very stressful evening and anticipating a very stressful week. As I stood in the kitchen making the boys' lunches for the next day, "Don't stop thinkin' about tomorrow" came on the radio. What? What does that mean? Does it mean "tomorrow," as in the day that will occur in 4 hours, or does it mean "tomorrow" in a metaphorical sense, as in "tomorrow," the future? How can I get guidance from that song when there are such vastly different meanings? What is good for me for the literal tomorrow might not be the right decision for figurative tomorrow. The next day, as I got in my car to go to a big meeting, I turned on the radio, and heard the familiar first few strains from Gloria Gaynor's mega-hit, "I will survive." Needless to say, I burst out laughing. The DJs at the lite-favorites station certainly knew the exact song I needed to hear at that moment in time! Needless to say, I was much more relaxed and confident as I walked into my meeting.
Behold, the power of music!
This picture of Sam makes me laugh. He was beyond pleased with himself for finding these goggles at swimming lessons!



1 comment:
i love "i will survive", it has also gotten me through some tough times. you gotta love it!
as far as the other song goes, it's prob confusing to you because you are concerned with both "tomorrows". i think people take what they want from music and the fact that it confused you is indicative of how you are feeling at the moment.
don't worry, the literal tomorrow will be over soon...and you will survive!
Post a Comment