
After skipping trick or treating last year for a different event, the boys were ready for some serious trick or treating this year and began planning their costumes months before the actual day. After talking about a number of different options (Cinderella, fire fighter, rat, cat), they both settled on "pink bunny." I searched and searched but could not find pink bunny costumes appropriate for 3 year olds, and couldn't even find pink sleepers in a size large enough for the boys ...

Thank goodness for Mimi. Armed with her mother's ancient sewing machine, Mimi and Peepaw showed up one weekend with a mini-van full of fleecy pink material and more patience than imaginable. The boys were fascinated with the sewing machine, and after a relatively short period of time, two delightful little costumes were produced, and two precious little bunnies were hopping around the house.

Fast forward one week to the freak Nor'eastern that slammed the east coast in October. And canceled Halloween! Due to the widespread damage to trees and houses, and the widespread power outages, the town where we lived canceled Halloween. And because the power outage lasted so long, the rescheduled Halloween never happened.

Not willing to let the adorable costumes go to waste, I let the boys wear their costumes in Wh*le Foods on Halloween night. As we walked through the store, Ben turned to me and said, "Mommy. People are looking at me." I wonder why?!
** anyone else see the resemblance to Ralphie from "A Christmas Story"??
1 comment:
hahaha I love it. So cute!
Post a Comment