The boys and I watched the Royal Wedding on Friday morning. Ben loves churches, and was enthralled by the pictures from Westminster Abbey. When I told him I had been there with Mimi and Aunt Becky, he was so impressed -- guess I should enjoy him being 3 and so easy to impress! Sam loves wedding dresses, and has ever since we went to a wedding last fall, and he often wraps himself in his white blanket and asks if I like his wedding dress. I loved all of the ridiculous hats. The whole spectacle was entertaining to watch, although the true "magesticness" of it did leave this commoner feeling very unglamorous!
To counter those feelings, a friend hosted a birthday party for her husband and another of our friends, although we all knew that the party was really to celebrate the Royal Wedding, as this friend LOVES all things England, and all things Windsor. As I dressed in a simple black dress and my feathered-headband fascinator, the boys asked if they could come to the party with me. I told them that the party was for grown-ups only. Ben told me they are big boys. I told them that they also didn't have fancy hats -- so Sam disappeared for a few minutes, and reemerged from his room wearing a fleece winter hat, and asking if he could go. As I left, Sam stood crying hysterically at the top of the stairs, and every ounce of "Erin the Mommy" wanted to stay and hug him and snuggle him until he fell asleep, and then go to the party after. However, after our last meeting with the co-parenting facilitator, and seeing today is May 1 and moving day is only a month away, I know that I have to start getting my lovey boys and myself all used to the idea that Mommy isn't always going to be at the house for bedtime. Ugh, enough about that.The party was great, I had fun seeing my friends. And today, Sam and Ben both got their turn with the fascinator!
And -- predictable me, I went and got the "I'm going through a divorce, I need a change" phase -- and cut off my hair.** And this is Ben's "SAY CHEESE" cheesy smile ... Which is why I never tell him to "Say cheese!"



4 comments:
I think his cheese face is fantastic and frankly I want to see you make one!
your boys are so funny!
i love the new hair cut...it's liberating to make a change. i used to buy a new bra everytime i needed to move on. (something new that he hadn't seen)
work it, mama!
I loved all the fancy hats too. Someday, let's throw a party where we all get dressed up and have to wear fancy hats. We'll do it at the spa and pretend we're royalty :)
Post a Comment