Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog slacking.

Really kind of pathetic how infrequently this blog has been updated since I started work. My days are just so busy, and by the time I get home and deal with dinner, baths, and bedtime, I can barely manage to clean up the kitchen and repack lunches before falling into bed. Excuses, excuses, I know.

Lots of fun stuff going on around here lately. We had a big birthday party for the boys at the zoo, complete with 7 sets of twins, some singletons, and lots of great friends and family members who truly love the boys and me. The support has been incredible, and has made a huge difference as things begin to change, and I begin to see how things will be when the Husband and I are living separately. It is still hard to fathom how different things will be, I've lived in this house for longer than I've lived anywhere since I was 17 -- and I have had the boys with me for practically every single day of their lives (minus the two week-long vacations to Mimi's house this past winter!).

I have started actively apartment hunting, and the papers are officially filed, so the process has all started towards having a very different life. Overwhelming, I guess, but I also think that it is time for this change. Sam brought home a picture from school the other day -- his teacher obviously helped him draw it, and it was a picture containing 4 stick-figure drawings, and he said it was his family. When I saw the picture, I wanted to cry, thinking about how much his life and Ben's life will change very soon based entirely on decisions two grown-ups are making. And I took a breath, and reminded myself that that picture will always be true, those 4 stick-figures will always be Sam's family, regardless of where we live, or whether his parents are married or not.

1 comment:

Becky said...

transition periods suck but you will get through it. Love you guys!