With the boys' sporadic sleep schedule, I am totally exhausted. Sam is still regularly staying up until 10pm, and although he is in the Pack 'N Play in the playroom from 7:30 on, we can still hear the crying/whining/calls for Mommy/etc. Due to falling asleep so late, he is sleeping until 8am or so -- which is great. Ben, however, still falls asleep around 7:30, and is up at 5:30 every morning. Not so great. Plus, the boys are usually up at least once each every night needing to use the bathroom. Although they wear diapers to bed, they would prefer not to pee in their diapers. Needless to say, the lack of sleep is very difficult at this point, and I feel like I did when they were infants and I was up at night to pump and care for them. The big difference, however, is that as infants, they could be easily contained in a swing, or swaddled, or on the playmat on the floor. Now, the boys are on the go from the moment they wake up, and after a night of interrupted sleep, I have started developing pretty horrible headaches. Yesterday morning, in an attempt to get an extra hour of sleep, I put Ben on the couch with a cup of milk and "Sesame Street" and went back to bed. Shortly after, I heard little feet padding down the hall, and a hesitant, "Mommy?" I told him to come into the room, and he climbed into bed with me, monkey, blanket and all. We snuggled together and fell back asleep for nearly an hour. Maybe I won't find the crawling into bed quite so endearing in the future, but it was adorable yesterday morning, and I enjoyed the extra time the Benny man and I got to spend snoozing!



1 comment:
Do you think now that Sam is out of the room you could Ferberize Ben into sleeping until 7. If he fell back to sleep that easily in bed with you he probably really is still tired... how delightful would that be for you??
Post a Comment