Here we are, at this anniversary once again. My parents are taking the boys for the week (seeing they are still sick!), and as I was driving back home from our half-way meeting point, I glanced at the clock -- and was reminded of where I was 3 years ago at that very moment. Tears sprang to my eyes, and I thought about how grateful I am to have my boys in my life, and just how scared we were on this day.
Reading my post, I also realize how far I've come in "healing" from the PTSD I'm fairly confident I experienced after the boys' birth. I still feel badly that I didn't carry the boys full-term, but I try to focus on the fact that I did get them to 32 weeks, that my OB laughed at my 6-week check-up and told me he had never seen a woman will herself out of labor until he saw me that weekend -- and while that probably isn't true, I can now look back on these scary few weeks and realize I did all I could do for the boys.
My thoughts on this day last year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
My heart just breaks for you when I read this. I wish I could take all the doubts from the dark corners and make you see how you have been nothing short of amazing every step of the way.
We love you guys!
Post a Comment